Used Newman Whitney Double Sided Planer - Model S-970
Year: aaprox. 1963 - rebuilt in the 90's
This used double sided planer manufactured by Newman Whitney was rebuilt in the 1990's and is currently setup with straight knife cutterheads. Additonal technical specifications include...
- 208/230/460 motors
- Top head 20 HP
- Bottom head 15 HP
- Complete with Knife grinidng attachment and cutter head stand
- 5 HP AC variable drive feed system.
- Power raise and lower.
- Chipbreaker and infeed rolls are sectional.
- Height of machine to top of shaving pipe 66-1/4"
- Distance required to remove lower head 74-3/4"
- Distance between holddown lag screw holes 33-5/8"
- Rate of feed 33 to 98 FPM
- Maximum stock thickness 7"
- Minimum stock thickness 1/8"
- Single piece feed: Unbutted 14" Butted 6" Min.
For more information...